BIM ehk ehitusinformatsiooni modelleerimine
BIM (Building Information Modeling) on ehitise informatsiooni modelleerimine, organiseerimine ja haldamine kõiki ehitusprojekti osapooli hõlmaval ühtsel platvormil. BIM sisaldab ehitise mudelit (ehk objekti ja selle omadusi) ning selle mudeli kasutamist (ehk tegevusi).
BIM`i peamised eelised:
- The meaningful use of resources
- Vähem dubleerimist
- Controlled material supplies
- Less paper
- Better delivery order
- Real-time project´s progress overview
BIM in element industry
We use Tekla BIM software in the design. At the stage of the bidding, we will create a 3D model of the proposed building. This model remains the basis for all the further work that we will continually update and refine according to the stages of the project.
The construction of the bidding project is based on the architect's architectural project in ifc format (see detail in the lower part of the text) or as AutoCAD dwg file.
On the contrary, it is possible to act as the basis for the work to give the created constructive model to the architect. It is also possible to use a constructive model to provide designers with special components to which they can add ventilation, piping, cabling, etc. - information, which in turn serves as the starting point for our design.
The bid model shows the structure and elemental division of the building (panels and shapes of panels). You can make a summary of the volumes and the weight of the item.
The model will be supplemented when drafting the work. Elements are added environmental classes, layers of protection, tolerances, finishes, fire resistance, thermal conductivity and other characteristic information. The armature and formwork, ventilation openings, electric sinks, and the like are applied to the model. The information entered is digitized in our production planning software. The model also generates product lines for the elements.
On the basis of the installation steps and planned delivery dates introduced into the model, all parties to the project will see the dates of casting, delivery and installation, and items delivered and installed. Production can look at the design stage of the elements. It is possible to monitor the progress of the project in real time.
The use of the model from the bidding phase will greatly save time and avoid errors.
BENEFITS of the element industry
- The 3D geometric model makes it easy and quick to get an overview of the building as a whole, to see the relationships between different details and elements.
- In spatial form, it's easier to understand the geometry of complex, non-standard elements.
- By incorporating 3D components into specific model, there is a better overview of the locations of pipes and electrical equipment and possible conflicts. Thanks to the more convenient information exchange, it is easy to find a suitable place for the pipes in the design system.
- Model overview allows to quickly model, review and compare different alternatives.
- A well-designed model will provide information about the materials and quantities used in the project before the drawings are completed.
- On this basis, it is possible to plan the purchase of materials necessary for the element's casting
- Using the time feature of the model, the contradictions in the delivery and production schedules are easy to find and can prevent errors in the planning of the installation.
- Since the model can simulate the flow of the supply chain at an early stage of the project, then the accuracy of the actual deliveries will improve upon the object.
- BIM enables better resource planning - no need to wait for the final design of the product drawings, and thus improve the precision of planning at an early stage of the project.
- The model makes it easier for the manufacturer to explain the shape and details of a complex element.
- Possibility to use geometric information from the model for controlling production machines (preparation of armature, production of fully automated hollow core slabs, etc.).
Delivery and assembly
- The model we offer during the bidding phase can be used by our installers to design an installation price.
- During design and installation, it is easier for installers to examine the element´s assembly units.
- The model can be used instead of paper drawings in the installation - see the location of the elements, connecting nodes and take the necessary measurements.
IFC - In order for BIM ideology to work, it is necessary to follow strict, uniform standards. Data is saved in the ifc file format. IFC (International Foundation Classes) is a data model developed by the international organization buildingSMART to enable digital information exchange (synchronization) between different parties in the field of construction (architecture, constructive part, ventilation, heating, electricity, etc.). IFC is registered as ISO 16739: 2013.